Electronic Frontier Alliance
PDX Privacy endorses the principles of the Electronic Frontier Alliance.We believe that technology should support the intellectual freedom at the heart of a democratic society. In the digital age, that entails advancing:
- Free Expression - People should be able to speak their minds to whoever will listen.
- Security - Technology should be trustworthy and answer to its users.
- Privacy - Technology should allow private and anonymous speech, and allow users to set their own parameters about what to share with whom.
- Creativity - Technology should promote progress by allowing people to build on the ideas, creations, and inventions of others.
- Access to Knowledge - Curiosity should be rewarded, not stifled.
We uphold these principles by fighting for transparency and freedom in culture, code, and law.